Saturday, January 10, 2004

Family Affair

I woke up too early this morning. I was  hoping to sleep in a little later but my neighbor or my phone woke me up. I think it was my neighbor's.  Anyhow, I made myself some coffee and started trolling for journals to read. I like to wake up slow. Do a little surfing, reading, drinking coffee, just chillin before I plow into my day. 

I began cleaning up the mess AOL made of my faves list and I clicked on a link I have there for The Shades are Raised.  I thought I had erased that one but couldn't remember why. When I hit it, I realized why. He has moved his journal to I Gather Speed. It's a great journal that I don't visit often enough. If you haven't been there, or like me, haven't been there lately, you really should go visit.

The reason I chose to spotlight it here today is because it is now part of the AOL-J "Family Affair" we've got going on here. You see, Speed's father has now begun a journal of his own at This and ThatAOL really should get on the stick and highlight what's going on here.  It's a cool aspect of these journals that has begun.

Maybe next, we can get Slomo's Pop and Sis to start journals, and even my brother Andy. He's been reading ever since I gave him the link.  I guess the downside though is that everyone has to be AOL subscribers which I don't think my brother is one.  Bummer for me. I know I'd love reading what he has to write and I'm sure y'all would too.  

For those of you who don't recognize the picture above, it's from a TV show called "Family Affair," that was on when I was a wee little girl.  When I coined the term "Family Affair" to label what's going on around journalland, it reminded me of this show and brought back a lovely memory that I'll share here, but later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug Robbie! You have a great site here. I am the daddio of Seth - he of I Gather Speed fame.

Anonymous said...

We may have stumbled on to a whole new community here . . . . very nice. You wake up the same way I do . . . don't come near me until I have coffee in hand . . . grrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Good morning gentlemen!! I think you commented before I had a chance to finish my editing of this but am glad you like it.

Daddio: Welcome and I look forward to reading more.

Irun: I haven't heard from you in a while. You've been missed. And, now I'm really beginning to think we're related. Where's my coffee? grrrr....

Anonymous said...

I used to watch Family Affair when I was little also. Thanks for all your tips. I'd get my family involved, but then they'd be hogging the computer from me and that wouldn't be fair. Also, I really don't want my husband reading all my complaints about him. I just want to keep it betweem me and the other 300 or so AOL journalers...

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how AOL-J has caught on in the barely five months since I've started my journal. Such a wealth of great journals out there. I wish AOL would recorgnize this burgeoning community more effectively and give us more services (such as a different journal editor--like radioland--a better member directory and officially sanctioned and publicized AOL journal awards would be a good start!

Anonymous said...

I love the family idea - especially when family members are cool with what the others are writing. I love that Babyshark and Irun and Rosebud are so close, that they can write anything and not worry what the others will think of it. I wish my sister would get a journal. Oh, she'd be so much fun!!

Note to Andy - Get a journal!!! SloMo says so! :P