Monday, December 22, 2003

A Texas Tornado

Wow, what a day! I woke up this morning with the intention of going where the wind blew me. Apparently there were gale force winds here during the night because it had me running all over the place today and the storm was named Debbie. Yeah, my friend Debbie. She is the true Texas Tornando. A mile a minute she talks and never stops going.

Unfortunately, the running around was not for the best of circumstances. Justin, her 17 year old son, was in an accident last night. We had to go check out the truck and make arrangements to have it brought to the house, which ate up most of the morning. Then we had to take him to the doctor because the ER told her he needed to see a neurologist. Of course HMOs aren't simple like that, before he can see the neurologist he must see his primary care physician.

I think he'll be okay. He was knocked unconscious during the accident and still doesn't remember anything about yesterday but otherwise he seems fine. He's such a sweetheart. I have known him since he was 1 year old. As a toddler he would run around with his t-shirt draped over his head pretending to have long beautiful hair like me. Now, he's a man. He stands a good 3 or 4 inches taller than me. But, he's not too grown to still tell me he loves me. And, I don't even have to bribe him anymore to do it. ;-)

Well, now it's time for a gaggle of us to sit around chewing the chit as we eat burgers that Tom, Debbie's husband is going to make. mmmh.

No comments: