Thursday, November 20, 2003

So sorry

As much as I love moaning about my mother, I just don't have it in me tonight. I've tried to make my rounds around the halls of journaldom and find myself nodding off as I read some of the entries. And wow, there was some great stuff out there tonight. So, I must really be tired. If you find a little drool on your journal ~ please accept my apologies. I wish I had the energy to link them all through here so you could see for yourself. But, surf the waves of journaloceanica and I'm sure you'll find them too.

I got some great birthday cards today via mail and email. It's been a peaceful kind of birthday. Maybe I'll share some of them here. I thought it might be a little depressing since this time last year was the first for Mike and I, but you know I just feel calm and grateful for all that my life has been and all that it can be.

With that I say goodnight and leave you with this:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson~

No comments: