Thursday, November 20, 2003

Attitude is everything!

I know you're just dieing for the next Momma Monologue but I'm just not up to it this morning. I woke up with what feels like the beginning of a chest cold coming on. Ugg. I hate when this happens. It's because I don't take care of myself and get enough sleep. There's always so much to do and I want to do it all.

I took a stroll around the halls of journaldom this morning and came upon this entry from Write Away. What a great attitude she has. And it reminded me of how grateful I am for all that I have and can do. In spite of all my ranting, please don't think I'm some miserable fool. I've had many challenges in my life but I know that it could be a lot worse. When negative thoughts start crashing in, I try to read positive things that are reinforcing and uplifting. I keep different little sayings posted around me lest I forget. Attitude is everything!

But it doesn't stop there, I act on it. I take whatever steps I can to make a positive difference in my life, even the smallest steps can make all the difference in the world. Like going to school at the age of 32. Some would say it can't be done, but here I am almost finished. Why start that late? I say: because I'm not dead yet! It's never too late. Fear of failure held me back for too long. But once I hit rock bottom, I realized there was no way but up!

Stay tuned for the next entry:.....I know you're not suppose to have favorites but...now I'm off to send an email to my mom to wish her a Happy Birthday today.

No comments: