Sunday, November 09, 2003

Demi's Syndrome

I call it Demi's Syndrome -- the older woman, younger man fixation. She's not the only one. There's something so empowering and ego-lifting when a younger man finds you attractive. I had a coffee date this morning with a guy who is 30!!! The youngest someone has ever been is 1 year max, which Mike was and another guy or two. Usually, I like guys around my own age maybe up to 10 years older, although I've gone all the way up to 19 years older. But, I was much younger then.

I'm not so sure I'm attracted to the coffee guy though. He's attractive but I look at the whole package, and it takes time for that to be unwrapped. Get your mind out of the gutter! I'm not talking about sex. Although, it's definitely an important component. There's maturity, both emotionally and mentally. Kindness and responsibility are important too. I like someone who has interests and isn't afraid to try new things. Jeez and so much more but it's hard to put words to it. It's just a feeling you have when you're with that person. But time will tell after all there are so many men....so little time.

Seriously though, I'm ready. I want the real thing. But, I refuse to rush into something blindly only to get hurt again. I wasn't in love with Mike. He didn't give it a chance to see if it could go there. But, there was definitely potential. Mike and I hit it off immediately.

No comments: