Sunday, November 02, 2003

Chopper Shot down Killing 15

I hate what's going on over there and I hate even more that we are stuck there now. We can't walk away from the mess that we started. I was opposed to this war. I still don't think we had a right to go over there and I believe Bush lied to the American public in order to get us over there. I'm disappointed in the Democratic party because they laid down after 9/11 and let Bush have full reins. I find it interesting that before this all happened he was pushing for expanding oil exploration in Alaska which was getting a lot of opposition. So... what does he do? He invades an oil rich country where his and Cheney's cronies are raking in the big bucks. People say that even if there aren't any WMDs that the liberation of Iraqi people makes the war right. Saddam was a horrible leader. He did atrocious things to his people but he wasn't a threat to the U.S. In addition, I don't believe the ends justifies the means. I could go on to justify my position but it's not really the point. The point of this all is that when Mike was over there I was so freakin worried about him because of things like this crash. These guys/gals were on their way to well deserved R&R when their lives were so abruptly ended.

Mike and I had no committment between us. We barely knew each other when he was sent over there. But, I was worried as hell for his well-being. I still worry for all those "strangers" over there. Yet, when he returned he couldn't write, call, nothing, to let me know he was okay. I knew he was back. But, he didn't know that I knew. To me that is unfathomably cruel. What did he think I would believe after a while of not hearing from him. How could any decent, caring human being knowingly allow someone to think the worst!

No comments: