Sunday, October 26, 2003

Quote of the Day

"Loving someone isn't a guarantee that they will love you in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts; if it doesn't be content that it grew in yours" - Author Unknown

I found this today when I was surfing some of the blogs out there. It reminded me of a line from a movie I saw recently and can't for the life of me remember the name of. Darn! It's the one with Nicholas Cage where he plays a screenwriter and the twin brother of the screenwriter. Anyhow, the two brothers are talking about an incident in high school where the boy walked away from this girl he was in love with and the other brother saw that she was laughing and making fun of him. He said he knew she had done it but his love for her was his to own and no one, not even the object of that love, was going to take that away from him.

I guess the moral of this is that a person should love for the sake of loving not for the intent of it being returned.

No comments: