Thursday, October 30, 2003

Kissin' Cousins

Originally posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003

I had such a great time tonight. I met some "cousins" of mine tonight for dinner who I've never met before. I say "cousins" because they are but they aren't. My two older brothers and I were adopted by my younger brother's father. I grew up thinking he was "daddy" until I was about eight and my mom and him divorced. I found out then that I was adopted and met my "real" dad. Anyhow these cousins are a la my "daddy" not my "real" dad.

Anyhow, I met Bob online about two years ago through a geneology site and we' ve conversed through email off and on but he's out on the East Coast so we've never met, until now. Bob has two sons out here (Los Angeles) but I never tried to connect with them being I am not a "real" relative, per se. Bob was out visiting his sons and invited me to join them. They are such great people. The absolute nicest! And, the boys aren't so bad looking either. Maybe, we'll hang again soon. Actually, one of them is in a band that plays the area. I'll have to check it out. Fun times may be just around the corner.

Enough for now. The saga of Mike will have to wait which is fine by me. I deal better by stuffing things. Discussing this here and reading his letters, which I haven't looked at for the past two months, is making me a LITTLE moody.

No comments: