Sunday, April 19, 2009

How long would you wait?

I came to the laundromat to wash my rugs in the large capacity machine. Both were full when I got here but completely done. I waited fifteen minutes before removing the quilt. It's been at least another fifteen or twenty minutes and they just showed up as I was typing. Please let them try to say something to me.

Update: If you enlarge the picture, you can see sheets on the table in the background. Those people actually waited for the other machine to be emptied by the machine hogs. Ha! And, they were there before me. I am sooooooooo glad I didn't wait. It took forever to dry those darn rugs and no, they didn't say anything to me.

7 comments:

Ally said...

i hate waiting for a machine, too. at least you waited... my neighbors barely wait. i've seen them pull clothes before it stops spinning.

Gigi said...

Ah, Laundromat Wars! How I don't miss them. I think 15 minutes is plenty. I would probably have given up at 10, and girded for a fight.

Bridgett said...

God, I remember those days of fighting over washing machines. Uggghh.

I would have done the EXACT SAME THING.

XOXO

Tressa bailey said...

I think 5 minutes if you ask people nearby if its theirs. Then by golly I would take the stuff out, put mine in and dare them to say something. ROFLMAO....you can take the girl outta the ghetto but you can't quite get the ghetto outta the girl.

emmapeelDallas said...

I go to a laudromat with large capacity machines to wash my rugs too, but the one that I go to isn't nearly so clean as this one! After the fire, we had to use a laundromat for everything for almost a year. Going back to one really makes me appreciate having my own machines to do my regular laundry.

MzAmy said...

you sound frustrated. you were looking for a fight! :)

I don't blame you for not waiting.

At the laundromat I go to with my friend on occasion, the helpers there remove items and put them in dryers if they sit too long.

Anyway, you have clean and dry rugs now. :)

Bridgett said...

Hey girly!

Thanks for commenting on my Holistic blog.

I just wanted to pimp a great product we found. They have gum, mints, toothpaste, and mouthwash...all of which are free of artificial flavorings. Instead, they use xylitol (which is what we use as a sugar substitute). It's derived from tree bark and it's a natural cavity fighter.

We love their products and the company is VERY customer conscious.

www.epicdental.com

Let me know if you try some. :)