Thursday, December 04, 2008

Celebrate - Damn It!


I made this card at the end of October and haven't had a chance to do jack since. I called this an abstract birthday cake. The feathers represent the candles and the stone that is colored with alcohol inks represents the cake. Yeah, I was stretching it but this was meant for a guy and I don't do guy cards all that well. For those that are interested, I sometimes add cards to my Flickr account that I don't necessarily post here.

It's been a busy time for me since my last post. Good things, bad things, indifferent things and some really good things. I forgot how busy things get for me this time of year. Perhaps I'll be able to ellaborate on some of these things soon.

Right now I'm too paranoid to think about anything but my building burning down because I keep smelling smoke and no one in this building has a fireplace. But! I did see a box for one of those bowl like yard pits in the dumpster one day so I'm thinking one of the young, and perhaps dumb, guys that live in the building is stoking up the grill in the middle of his livingroom.

Perhaps this will finally motivate me to call tomorrow for renter's insurance!

6 comments:

Donna. W said...

Oh, I'd love to read about your "things". Please don't keep us waiting too long!

Gigi said...

Ooo, I love this card ~ green sequins (a personal fave!) And that silver cube of a cake looks luscious enough to eat. Very fresh and abstract. I think it works for guys and grlz too. I know I'd like it!

So...how things? ;)

Remo said...

One man's Hibachi is another (wo)man's fire insurance deductible.

Good luck!

AlbGlinka said...

Well, the card's appeal would depend on the type of guy who's going to receive it... ;-) I think it's pretty.

Let's hope no one's going to try to deep fry a Christmas Turkey in your building!

Leon1234 said...

I really like it.

V said...

Renter`s insurance sounds like a Good idea!
Hugs,
V

Things, huh?