Sunday, August 07, 2005

Tell Me Something Good

I feel like I am suffocating. Everywhere I turn there is bad news - lost love, lost lives, lost health and lost pets. I can't even escape it on T.V. Tonight I watched the show "Six Feet Under." It brought tears to my eyes several times. I was on the edge of the abyss and ready to take a nose dive into dispair. But, I wouldn't allow it to wash over me. I cussed death instead. I have no fear of death but it doesn't mean it doesn't suck. I hate saying goodbye. Even friends that we lose by the way side as we move and grow in different directions don't hurt nearly as much as those that we lose to death. There's some kind of comfort knowing that they are still out there somewhere. The loss isn't permanent. Death sucks only for those left behind and it sucks big time!

I really want to hear some good news. I mean jeeze I log on here and can't even get it! On the Welcome Screen it says that Peter Jennings has died, from lung cancer no less. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of bad news. I know there are good things happening in this world. Please someone tell me something good.

Okay, I'm done whining. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit edgy because I've begun weening myself off of cigarettes. I even feel guilty because I do want to be positive and because I feel like I am blessed because although all these bad things are swarming around me, they aren't happening to me directly, just people I care about. But, really I'd love to hear something positive, something good, anything. I thought I'd share the above from a book that I'm reading called "A Joseph Campbell Companion." I really liked the whole chapter that followed this but this snippet will have to suffice.

No comments: