Saturday, May 21, 2005

The DaVinci Code

I have about five books around my place that I have started and put down half-way through only to pick up another and do the same thing all over again. They are good books but for some reason, I have found it difficult to dive into them. I've been uncommitted in my reading. I've been searching and yearning for a book that would capture me from the beginning. The kind that makes you want to read for hours on end with excitement for what the next page will bring. The last book that really hooked me in that way was "Memoirs of a Geisha," before that it was "The Count of Monte Cristo."

I have finally found my latest muse and why it has taken me so long leaves me dumbfounded. There has been much bruhaha about the book but it didn't compel me to dip my mental feet into the waters. I think because I tend to be a bit of a snob when it comes to my fictional reading. I tend to gravitate to the classics. Much contemporary fiction feels mindless to me. I want a story with layers that makes me think and stirs my soul. "The DaVinci Code" has it all. It's so well researched that it ties a lot of real world history and current events into it that you are left wondering what is truth and what is fiction. It has art, religion, cults, mystery, intrigue all wrapped in one. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it

No comments: