Saturday, January 17, 2004

The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth....

Thanks for playing along. This was fun. I think it was even more fun to read the comments. If I calculated correctly, there is a winner. But, sad to say, only one. As much as I hate to tell him that he is the winner, I like the idea of him being thrown in circles trying to figure this out. The winner is Gregg! Now I want to know what has given you the impression I am so wild. ;-)

Without further delay the truth follows:

1.  False: I really do hike that trail which dumps me onto a street. George Clooney does live on that street but I have never seen him.

2.  True: Like I said I am an inquisitive person and will try most anything, within reason, at least once. Of course, I've become much more sedate in my old age. I was only 22 or 23 at the time that I went to the strip bar with the guys.

3. False: The story is true up to the point where I left with the guy. I would never trust my fate to the hands of a stranger. The military was no place to mess around. Not showing up for work would have had dire consequences. It's one of the reasons I didn't make the Army a career. I hated the fact that I wasn't free to do as I saw fit.

4. True: It was in Springlake, NC when I was in the Army. It's a small town that borders Fort Bragg.  Bob Hope was taping a show on Pope Air Force Base, which also borders Fort Bragg. I guess, like the rest of us, he hated the chow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something told me to sneak back online just now and check your journal! LMAO! YAY!!!!! I LOVE WINNING! I'm so good at it! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! Robbie is a freeeeaaakk! LMAO! Ha! I got your number baby! :-) Wasn't that fun?

Gregg<---also first to post. HA!

Anonymous said...

I just came to your journal as I see your name all over the place! I can see why people come here. I wish I had caught this before the answers were up. Meeting Bob Hope has to be a good memory to hold on to. All were interesting that's for sure.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Well...at least I got one right! You were really good at making them all believable! That was fun!

XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I did my best to read the previous post - before getting the real scoop! My guesses were 2 & 3 as true. Just because I thought they were the most outrageous. GREAT POST! Made it difficult. Which hiking trail does Clooney live off of?

Anonymous said...

well I got one right...lol. I was really way off, but continue being a wild woman, cause we love it ;) Okay, I'm racing to first next time...lol

Love Beverly