Monday, December 15, 2003

I have a confession to make....

Please don't hate me or think less of me but I just can't keep it to myself any longer. This is such an adorable Christmas picture. Isn't it? It's the only one you will find here because I hate Christmas. I really do. All the pressure and stress it brings on just overwhelms me.

I didn't even like it as a child. I'm sure at one point I did but the earliest memory I have isn't even a good one. It's the last time I thought maybe there really was a Santa Claus. We went to midnight mass-the whole family. My mom and daddy had been separated. My mom had moved in with her a-hole boyfriend but he had been kicked out by this point. So, we went to church with daddy. Mom liked to use him, I think, in between, her episodes with soon to be husband #3. We came home from Church and there were presents under the tree. For a little while I thought it was Santa who had left them there for us but I soon found out that it was "#3" and it just ruined everything. There's many other reasons I don't like Christmas but this is the first so I thought I would share it here.

Whew, I feel better. I just had to get that off my chest. Now, I need to go continue unpacking. Then, I'll surf the Toys-R-Us website for some cool presents for my nieces and nephews. Hey, I didn't say I didn't like giving gifts. I just hate the guilt that is associated with the gift giving, card sending, cheery-ho of the season. If only people kept the "Spirit of Christmas" with them year-round this would be such a better world.

No comments: