Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking into the future.

More of the inappropriate things my mother says to make me angry: If you've been reading my journal, you'll know that back in August Mike returned from Iraq and didn't call me or nothing. He just dropped off the face of the earth to leave me wondering. During this time, I received a call from my mom. She asks the usual questions and asks if I've heard from Mike. I tell her what has happened and without missing a beat, or offering any sympathy, she proceeds to tell me that she was calling because she had just watched a 60 Minutes program regarding a woman's biological clock. She then proceeds to tell me that mine is running out. (Thanks mom! Like I haven't figured that one out!) And the conversation went something like this: "Robbie have you thought about invetro fertilization. Or, you can do what that Angelina girl did and adopt." "Mom my clock has stopped ticking but aren't six grandkids enough?"

At last a role model! Don't get me wrong. I think Angelina is absolutely beautiful and a killer actress to boot. She seems to have straightened out her act since becoming a mother, but a real whack job she is. Yet, my life is so hideous that to my mom she is looking good compared to her barren daughter. No it's not that I can't have kids, I just choose not. ~ Also, there's the little factor of needing a father to go along with it.

So instead of receiving sympathy for being dumped on, once again. My mom is so very kind to remind me that time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking....

No comments: