Wednesday, November 26, 2003

A ray of sunshine.

I have two more weeks left of school. I am so thankful for that but also very stressed out about it at the same time. I have so much to do in only two weeks time. Somehow I will make it. And, I feel very grateful for all the people around here who have been a ray of sunshine for me. Your words of encouragement mean so very much.

When all was said and done yesterday, it turned out to be a pretty good day. I got a "B" on a paper for my Communications class. I thought surely I had failed. I dashed off the paper in only about an hour's time. I took a test last night in my Business Strategies class that I didn't even study for but I think I did pretty good. I moved a major project at work forward a little. And, the assistant I hired showed up for her second day of work. Yeah! I got home from school and there were two packages waiting for me from my Dad. One was my birthday present and the other was my Christmas present. He got me a robe and a sweater from Land's End. What? You didn't think I'd open my Christmas present. Ha! You obviously don't know me that well.

When we were kids, my mom would try to hide our presents but then we began finding her hiding sights so she started locking them in the trunk of her car. We would wait until she was sleeping and grab the keys from her car. She thought she would be smart and wrap them as soon as she got them. However, I couldn't be foiled. I would wait until she wasn't home, unwrap them to see what I got, and rewrap them. She never knew a thing.

No comments: