Friday, November 28, 2003

Girlfriends - Debbie

I have a stock photo image CD. I was searching for pics to add to the website that we are creating for a project in my group communications class. I like art, music, photos, literature anything creative. I like how it stirs the emotions -- the soul. I've decided to start using some of the pics here to make this journal a little less bland. Since I don't have my scanner hooked up and I'm not technically sophisticated enough to have a digicam or digital camera, this will have to do for now.

I'm beginning to get excited because it is now less than a month until I go to Texas. I will spend some time with my Mom in Yorktown but the bulk of my time is spent in San Antonio, especially with my friend Debbie and her family. Debbie and I met when I first moved to San Antonio. We were both waitresses at a restaurant there called Jim's. Her and I are so different, yet so much the same. I often joked with her that we must have been switched at birth. She was/is much more my mother's daughter than I am. We have seen each other through a lot of things. I was with her in the operating room when her second son was born. We were wild and crazy together. We've had our fights and even lost touch for a while when I joined the "Church." When things were getting weird with Mike, I called her for advice, probably the first time I've ever sought her advice but I'm so glad I did. I wish I would have listened to her sooner and more often. I will for now on.

I told her I thought Mike was pushing me away and asked her what I should do. In the past, I wouldn't have given Mike a chance I would have cut him off cold, probably cussed him out too. Debbie told me to talk to him and tell him what I was feeling. Maybe he was - maybe he wasn't. All I could do was be true to me. And, if Mike failed me, it wasn't my fault or problem, it was his. At least I would give it the chance it deserved instead of pulling away and running scared. Things didn't work out but at least this time I can't say I didn't try. Thanks to Debbie - my girlfriend.

No comments: