Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me - 3 Years and Counting

That's right it has been three years today since I started my blogging career. Or is it a hobby? I sure don't make a dime off of it. That Adsense seems to be nonsense. Technically, I haven't been with Blogger three years though. I actually started with AOL and a good portion of my archives still sits over there. Somewhere, along the way, I got a Blogger log-in because back in the day, you had to have one in order to leave comments and along with the log-in came a blog which I left sitting here blank. Then, I decided to set it up as a mirror to my AOL site because I wanted a back-up, eventually I just gave up on AOHell and moved on over here. It was a fortuitous move because shortly after my decision all hell broke loose at AOL because of the unwelcome, force-fed banner ads. But that's all water under the bridge. Some have let by-gones be by-gones and begun blogging over there once again.

Why don't you pop a cold one and celebrate with me? However, I'm not sharing. It's BYOB around these parts. I think I found my thrill and it wasn't lurking up on Strawberry Hill either. The other day when I was out and about I had a Huckleberry Soda by Jackson Hole Soda Company and really enjoyed it. When I went to the grocery store later that day, I looked to see if Ralph's sold any. Unfortunately, they don't, but I can order it online. I'm not sad though because to my great drinking enjoyment, I found something even better on the shelf. Cherry Limeade that tastes almost exactly like that served at Sonic. I LOVE the stuff. I get at least one or two of their Route 44s everytime I visit Texas. I'm also super happy to see on their website that there is a Sonic only 32 miles from me! I never knew that. The next time I go visit Gi, I'm stopping by. Heck, Cherry Limeades are so good that I might just make Sonic my destination and screw waiting on an invite down that way.

11 comments:

Lee said...

Congratulations, on your blogging career/hobby, Robbie...I don't need any urging. I'll crack open a coldie with you, but I think I might open a beer as it's quite warm here today! ;)

Blogging is addictive, isn't it? I only started in May...and I'm already 'far gone'! :)

Cheers from Down Under!

Lisa :-] said...

Well, Happy Annie, my dear!

Cherry limeade, eh? Sounds...different. Personally, I'll crack a little champagne in your honor.

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats. :)

Ally said...

happy anniversary!!! time flies (but in a good way).

alphawoman said...

Three years...my my my, how time flies. Finally, after one year, I too have left AOl for good. It just was not the same at all...not even a smige. The Guest Editor picks were all alike blah blahblah. How I miss the hey day! Cherry Limeade...is it a Minit Maid product by any chance?

Cynthia said...

That's a lot of mind cud you've chewed in the last three years. It really doesn't seem that long. Happy anniversary to one of the first bloggers I ever read. You helped create this addiction of mine!

Becky said...

Happy blogaversary!

Abadiebitch said...

Check Trader Joe's. They seem to have stuff that other's don't.

I was thinking the other day about my blogging life too. I have been in the field for 2 1/2 years and still some of the earlier commenters coming by.

Congratulations.

MzAmy said...

Happy Anniversary Robbie!
i remember when I first discovered you. It was a great find. :)
I have had a journal since 2003, I think....I would have to go back to my old journal and see.

anyway, sounds like some cool drinks. I have had a cherry limeade in Florida...good stuff!
say hi to Gi for me. :D

Smukke said...

Three years? Wow. Time flies!

Here's a Barq's root beer to ya! *clink*

ggal2933 said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back over here. I do appreciate your support and stopping by my journal.
It's alittle chilly here today so maybe a hot toddie of some sort....although it's still quite early for that :)