I brought home all kinds of work to do this weekend. I resolve to get it done today so I can goof off tomorrow. But, I couldn't help but procrastinate a bit by taking the torch from Trish, who I believe received it from the Dawg, who got it from Andi, who got it from Scalzi.
Damn him for lighting it! Hmmm....there's a Yak-Yak missing. Gigi? Now, I bet hers would be one humdinger of a list!
Without further ado:
1. I've fired a machine gun, grenade launcher, LAW, and a sawed-off shotgun, amongst other weapons.
2. I've drawn blood, given shots, started IV's, and inserted Foley catheters without having a license to do so.
3. My feet have been in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and one of the Great Lakes.
4. I have resided in nine states and have had over forty addresses within those states and only three of those addresses and two of those states can be attributed to the military.
5. I had a conversation with Bob Hope in the parking lot of a Wendy's restaurant in a small town in North Carolina.
6. I've watched the movie Blade Runner an uncountable number of times (20, 30, maybe more - it's uncountable, I tell you), enough so that I have Roy Batty's (played by Rutger Hauer) dieing lines memorized:
I've seen things you people would not believe - attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched seabeams glitter in the dark near the ten-houser gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.
7. At the age of 17, a highschool graduation present that I received was to see a male revue, that's a classy term for male strippers - lots of them. Approximately five years later, I went to a female strip club - twice.
8. At the age of 12, I took a train from Chicago, Illinois to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania unaccompanied.
9. I've worked in the military, medical, legal, financial, accounting, manufacturing, retail, farming, insurance, and restaurant industries. Other than education, I've pretty much covered every general field of work. I like where I'm at now the best.